Activities To Do At The White River in the Arkansas Ozark Mountains
Things to do at the White River in Arkansas are many and varied! Fish for trophy trout in the White River or the North Fork River, canoe the Buffalo River, play on Lake Norfork, hike or mountain bike in the Ozark National Forest, see Blanchard Springs Caverns and the Ozark Folk Center.
Come enjoy a relaxing White River Float Trip.
You can rent our canoes, kayaks or rafts and shuttle yourselves (DIY) using our trailer or we can handle everything for you.
In the summertime the cool waters of the White River make even the hottest day comfortable.
The White River is a perfect river for those times when you just want to float down a river and not be worried about the Class 3 rapids around the next bend….that’s because there aren’t any! On the section of the White River we float, the most exciting water might have a few standing waves not over 1 foot in height & those can be easily detoured around.
On each trip you will end up taking out on our private property 1/4 mile downstream of Red’s Landing public access on the White River. If you are lodging with us, then you’ll be home at the end of your trip!
Float Trip Rates if we handle the shuttle
All of our canoe/raft trips include pfd jackets and paddles. If you have someone in your group weighing less than 60 lbs, bring their pdf as ours do not fit those under 60 lbs.
A canoe or kayak float trip means – 1 canoe (3 people max., not to exceed 500 lbs) or 1 tandem kayak , or 2 single kayaks.
16 mile canoe or kayak float trip $70, for the first canoe or kayak.
12 mile canoe or kayak float trip $60, for the first canoe or kayak.
5 mile canoe or kayak float trip $50, for the first canoe or kayak.
Each additional canoe or tandem kayak $40 for a group
Each additional single kayak $30
Do it yourself! No shuttle service provided.
You can use our trailer, pulled by your insured vehicle. Float must be on the White River. Depending on availability of trailers.
Canoe $ 40
Single Kayak $ 30
Tandem Kayak $ 40
To provide you with the service level you deserve, we ask that you make float trip reservations a minimum of 48 hours in advance.
- Blanchard Springs Caverns – This cave ranks as a top 10 for North American caves. It’s 1 ½ hour tours are very easy , unless you take the extreme “Wild Cave Tour”. Then you will strap on your headlight and crawl through remote areas of the cave that will leave you breathless and dirty!
- Enjoy taking your children to Dry Run Creek. This special stream is just for anglers 15 and under. It is all catch and release and there are some “monster” trout in it! 15 minutes from us.
- The country’s first designated National River, the Buffalo River is close by and many of our guests take a day to float it and admire it’s towering bluffs and pristine water. A good float on the Buffalo River is the 7 miles from the Hwy 65 Bridge to Rush. This is a full day event, if you are interested we can arrange it. 1 hour from us. Crooked Creek with it’s great smallmouth fishing is also popular. 45 minutes from us. Floating either one of these streams makes for a great day trip.
- The National Fish Hatchery – Just 15 minutes away you can see how trout are raised from eggs to 12″ fish. If you haven’t seen a fish hatchery before, you can see one of the biggest and best here.
- Horseback Riding – We have a great local outfitter offering a horseback trail riding experience. This outfitter is a budget minded style of trail riding that is popular with children. 35 minutes from us.
- Loco Ropes is a zipline and ropes challenge course. There are 3 courses that will test your balance and nerve. Kids LOVE it! They also have a climbing wall. 35 minutes from us.
- Play on the Lakes – Quarry Marina or Jordan Marina – Lake Norfork can be accessed at 2 different points within 15 – 20 minutes and, like Bull Shoals which is 30 minutes away, you can rent any boat or water toy and enjoy your day at the lake. Both of these lakes are two of the clearest in the country and are very popular with the scuba divers. Something unique to Arkansas is the ability to spearfish for bass, wall eye, crappie. Spear fishing divers come from all over the country to enjoy this sport. .
- The Wolf House – The oldest structure west of the Mississippi River stands only 5 minutes from us. In addition you can find the Wolf Family cemetery where Major Wolf is buried within a 1/2 mile hike of us. In a small grove of trees in a little noticed location sits a cemetery with many headstones marked with dates from the 1820’s.
- The Ozark Folk Center in Mountain View – This small town located 35 minutes from us is the home of the only park in America devoted to the preservation of Southern mountain folk culture and music. The Ozark Folk Center State Park is a living museum of traditional pioneer skills, such as furniture making, quilting, blacksmithing, tintype photography, woodcarving and 15 other craft demonstrations. Folk music concerts, performed in a 1,000-seat theater, feature songs and instruments from America’s past. The park also offers a restaurant, library, visitor center and gift shop.
- The town of Mountain View has a variety of music shows, shopping, restaurants, plus impromptu folk music gatherings on the downtown square and yearly festivals . It’s a cool place to visit for a quick half day or full day trip. Also while in Mountain View you can shop for crafts and antiques in the many stores that surround the historic Stone County Courthouse square. From April to the end of Oct. you can enjoy live impromptu folk music jams right on the square. A neat place to enjoy an old fashioned ice cream soda is Wood’s Drugstore and Soda Fountain. Then take a stroll across the street to see the town’s old grinding mill which was powered by one of the first electric motors built.
- Ghost Town Within the Ozark National Forest – You can visit the deserted silver & zinc mining town of Rush. This is a great stop if you float the Buffalo River because it is your take-out point.
- Scenic Ozark Mountain Drives – We can map you out a wonderful scenic drive and swing you by restaurants and shopping and even make it a circle so you never see the same spot twice.
- Bike Trails – We are only 25 minutes from the trail head of the now famous Syllamo bike trails. These trails have earned & I.M.B.A. Epic status for the race, Syllamo’s Revenge. While little known outside of mountain biking circles these trails are compared to the expansive bike trails normally found only in the desert areas of the west. The Syllamo trail offers 50 miles of single track trails with expansive top-of-the- mountain vista’s and 1000’s of Ozark Mountain acres among the White River & Syllamo Creek valleys. If you are looking for one of the most challenging mountain biking courses found in the U.S., then you’ve found it.
- Hiking – There are trail heads within the National Forest just minutes from us or if it is just a little nature walk you’d like, we can show you our local favorite.
- Bull Shoals Dam Tour – Take a tour of the 5th largest hydroelectric dam in North America. It generates enough electricity to run the city of Orlando , Florida….and my favorite trivia….has enough concrete in it to construct a 20 foot wide road , 6 inches deep to go from here to Disney Land in Florida! A really educational tour into a place not many see. 50 minutes from us.
- Golf – Big Creek Golf & Country Club– Golf Digest has rated this course with it’s 5 star ranking for the last 4 years. A really nice course with fast bent grass greens and thick zoysia fairways. It’s laid out in a links design with lots of sand and water. Twin Lakes Golf Course & Association– A nice 18 hole course for those wanting a shorter design that places a premium on accuracy. Either course, 30 minutes from us.
- Go shopping! – Now, I’ll admit, we are basically a nature oriented destination, but if you like to browse for crafts, antiques and junktiques we have quite a few shops. If high power shopping is more your style, plan a day trip to
Branson to hit the 3 Outlet Malls,where you can find the high dollar name brands at discounts everyday.
- Take the kids to an amusement park. – Plan a day trip to Branson and let the kids play at Silver Dollar City(2 hours from us), a really fun amusement park with educational folk culture craftsmen, unique artisan craft shops, and great rides
- Restaurants – We have two great places real close.
- PJ’s River Run Restaurant (click link to download PJ’s menu) – A very special casual dining experience awaits you at the River Run Restaurant. It’s culinary staff has taken the best of West Coast and Southern cuisine, combined with fresh ingredients and extremely high standards to give you a dining experience you will not soon forget. A dinner of impeccable quality awaits you either in the river side dining room or on the outdoor deck. Choose from the finest in steaks, smoked trout or grilled salmon followed by one of their homemade desserts. This riverfront restaurant is just ½ mile from us. It offers some of the best food combined with a beautiful environment in the area. Most entrees are priced between $ 14 – $ 29. They offer a complete wine list and fine imported beverages. Open: March – Dec. , Wed. – Sat. evenings 5pm – 9pm. 870 499-3056 for reservations.
- Whispering Woods Grill
Have any questions or need to check dates for your booking?
Contact Chris or Carol right now.